Re: Europa-List: Re: Would like to buy an XS monowheel...............Am

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Would like to buy an XS monowheel...............Am
From: joseph brannen <jp@brannenworks.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 06:09:24
I mad or

Bob,
  I do not regard the distinctions between handling characteristics of  mono vs
trigear as being significant.  The mono is more pleasing  to the eye etc.  I
modified my mono to tri  for two reasons:  with the mono
  1. I was unable to retract gear with the rright hand, I also cannot fly other
manually retractables, and
  2. The high desert strip from which I fly is 30 feet wide and I could  not
turn
the mono  around without stopping, and doing it by hand  from the ground.
  The europa is the most enjoyable plane to fly that I have experienced.
  These experiences began with the stearman in 1945.  After a half century lay
off I retired and took  up flying again.

  Off strip attributes are not applicable in the high, 6500 ft,desert.
  jp