RE: Europa-List: Inspector Signing Required for CANADIAN Builders MOD

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Inspector Signing Required for CANADIAN Builders MOD
From: Christoph Both <christoph.both@acadiau.ca>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 14:30:25

Hello,
I like to direct this message towards all Canadian builders: MOD 73 and
74 specify that an "Inspector" inspects and signs both MODs, according
to the UK modification manual (in this case a PFA Inspector will need to
do this). A placard is to be permanently affixed to both wings and
Tailplanes carrying the visible signature and date of such an inspector.

Has anyone gone through this process already as I am currently  in limbo
with the Canadian MDRA what to do. I think I should be able to sign this
off myself (as it seems Europa factory requests all of us to put a
sticker on each wing and tail plane - what a crazy idea!) as the
procedures are quite simple and straight forward (put on nut and close
wing etc).

Has any Canadian builder received a definitive answer so far?

Christoph Both
#223 Classic, Wolfville Nova Scotia, Canada