RE: Europa-List: Manifold Pressure Gauge

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Manifold Pressure Gauge
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 21:39:13

Raimo=2C                     I meant POUNDS

The CS1 controller from Smart Avionics=2C displays the m. pressure=2C if yo
u have the optional pressure switch . I believe it is 50 punds.
tronics.com> Subject: Re: Europa-List: Manifold Pressure Gauge> Date: Thu
Toivio" <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>> > I am looking for a very small MAP gauge -
digital or analogical.> Does anybody have a tip?> > Ideal would be a CS pro
p controller WITH integrated gauge> but there obviously does not exist any.
 > > Raimo from Finland> OH-XRT> ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Rich
ard Collings" <r.collings@onetel.net>> To: <europa-list@matronics.com>> Sen
t: Thursday=2C September 04=2C 2008 12:54 PM> Subject: Re: Europa-List: Man
lings" <r.collings@onetel.net>> > > > Carl Hi. Its not a dumb question at a
ll=2C but one that you will have answered > > to when you have completed th
e PPL licence endorsement cause for complexes > > aircraft=2C i.e.=2C those
 fitted with a variable pitch prop!You may already this > > because of the
mono's retractable undercarriage=2C but a couple of hours spent > > under i
nstruction in a complex single would be money well spent.> > Regards Richar
d> > ----- Original Message ----- > > From: "Carl Pattinson" <carl@flyers.f
reeserve.co.uk>> > To: <europa-list@matronics.com>> > Sent: Wednesday=2C Se
ptember 03=2C 2008 10:00 PM> > Subject: Europa-List: Manifold Pressure Gaug
arl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>> > >> > > I am just filling in the LAA form to
change our propeller (from a fixed> > > pitch to a CS version - Woodcomp/ S
mart Avionics controller). The engine > > > is> > > a Rotax 912 UL 80hp.> >
e is> > > mandatory. Anyone know why?> > >> > > Its probably a dumb questio
n but I dont understand the point of monitoring> > > manifold pressure on a
 normal engine. I always thought it was more > > > relevant> > > to turboch
arged engines.> > >> > > Also where does one take the pressure takeoff on t
he engine - I would > > > guess> > > the balancing pipe between the carbure
ttors - is there a mod required on > > > the> > > engine?> > >> > > Thanks
for the explanation in advance.> > >> > > Carl Pattinson> > > G-LABS> > >>