Re: Europa-List: Mono swing arm

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Mono swing arm
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwmsystems.fi>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 21:41:17

Jim,

I think your plane is OK (IMHO)!

Once I noticed during normal inspection same situation with my mono and was
very worried.
Investigated little and decided afterwards everything was ok.

During building phase you tightened those bolts M8-100 so,
that the distance between shock plates was 79 mm.
That is maximum - with load it is less.
If you now lift your plane upp (= no load on the gear), you notice the
distance will be again 79 mm.
And no thread showing above and/or below shock plates.
If so, your polyurethane block LG is not collapsed.
Look Europa manual chapter 29M.

I really wish I am right...and you are happy.

Regards, Raimo
OH-XRT