RE: Europa-List: Re: EGT Probes

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: EGT Probes
From: nwcmc@tiscali.co.uk <nwcmc@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 10:23:32

I have a 4 probe EGT system but didnt want to pay for a complicated
engine monitoring display. I used a 4 position rotary switch in
conjunction with a uMonitor system. As the Rotax has no mixture control
the need to make adjustments based on EGT are not required. My main
reason for having 4 probes is to be able to instantly identify which
cylinder is giving a problem should the engine run rough for any reason
(eg rpm drop out of limits on a magneto check). This is easily achieved
with a switch and a single display.

Nigel Charles