RE: Europa-List: Mono or Tri-Gear, what to choose?Mono or Tri-Gear, what

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Mono or Tri-Gear, what to choose?Mono or Tri-Gear, what
From: Rob Housman <rob@hyperionef.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 09:03:09

Precisely.

According to the Europa Factory the nosewheel gear leg does all the work, i.
e., flexing, during "normal" landings.  The bungee or springs are there to
absorb the load from a really bad landing and therefore should never be
stressed at all.  The cable is there simply to limit travel of the arm in
the event of overloading the entire nosegear assembly (which would be
considered more of a crash than a landing).

Best regards,

Rob Housman
Irvine, CA
Europa XS Tri-Gear