Europa-List: Re: Fuel tank - bulges and leakage.

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Fuel tank - bulges and leakage.
From: h&amp;jeuropa <butcher43@att.net>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 11:10:47

Just a data point on this discussion.  Our Europa first flew in Oct 2005.  After
a ground loop in Sept 2006 the fuel tank has been empty during repair.  I filled
it this week and have no leaks.

Granted, our climate is much cooler than some.  The empty tank probably never
saw
ambient temps in excess of 80 deg F.

This is kit A185 which was delivered May 2000.  We screwed up the install of the
fuel tank initially and got a replacement tank from Lakeland in Sept 2000.
My guess is it was from a kit on hand.

Tank has only had MoGas in it, no 100LL.

I have no idea why ours is OK and others have split, but I'm glad it turned out
that way!

Jim & Heather
B241BW

Read this topic online here: