Europa-List: Re: Door bulge because of seal

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Door bulge because of seal
From: h&amp;jeuropa <butcher43@att.net>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 11:04:52

Craig,

We had a similar experience.  Fitted our doors beautifully and then put on the
seal and could hardly close them.  Advice was to get them closed and let the
plane
sit in the sun so that the fiberglas could attain the proper shape.  It took
awhile, but today they fit fine - perhaps a little bulge in the center but
they are easy to close and are water tight.  I think I would try this before
other suggestions, since if you make the fit looser now, it may end up not being
water tight later.  Just a thought.

Jim & Heather
N241BW

Read this topic online here: