RE: Europa-List: Silencer position in cowl

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Silencer position in cowl
From: david park <dpark748@hotmail.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 21:22:46
Hi Keith,
Yes my silencer sits in a similar place but there is about a 1cm gap betwee
n the bottom of the silencer and the lower cowl you describe. It is near th
e edge of the curve downwards and I am hoping there is enough clearance as
the engine vibration forces I expect are going to be mostly rotational?. I
have taken the outlet pipe out just above the recessed area.,  If there is
a problem later the cowl will have to be modified with a bubble later.
Let me know if you find an alternate remedy!
Regards Dave Park, Manchester UK

Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 12:54:17 +1300From: keithhickling@clear.net.nzSubjec
t: Europa-List: Silencer position in cowlTo: europa-list@matronics.com

Hello all,

The silencer (muffler) on my XS / 912 uls (the new oval section silencer) s
its forward of the moulded recess in the cowl. The front of the silencer is
 touching the cowl on the outboard side, forward of the recess. The straigh
t outlet pipe from the silencer would exit several cm above the moulded rec
ess. The silencer could not move any further back, as it has only a few mm
clearance from the bottom attachment of the ring mount. Photo attached.

I presume this is a result of having the oval section silencer instead of t
he round section one. Have others had this problem, and if so what have you
 done?

Keith Hickling,
New Zealand.