Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa Training Standards

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa Training Standards
From: Andrew Sarangan <asarangan@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 10:21:11

A formal transition training for the Europa is something that is still
sorely lacking. Most pilots seem to jump right into their newly built
Europas with no prior experience. I have taken several demo rides in
the Europa, but I have never touched the controls during takeoffs and
landings. In fact, when I took the first demo ride at the then Lakeland
office, I was surprised that I was not offered to handle the takeoff
and landing. One of my friends who also went to Lakeland for a demo,
decided to not buy the Europa solely based on the fact that he was not
given that opportunity. He is building an RV now. Velocity Aircraft
offers a nice training that includes ground and flight in their factory
aircraft. This is something that the UK factory ought to give some
thought to. It could also be a good source of revenue for them.