Re: Europa-List: anr headsets

Subject: Re: Europa-List: anr headsets
From: jimpuglise@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 18:35:46
Jos-

There was an excellent article in Kitplanes about a year ago comparing them all.
They rated one of the Telex sets as best bang for the buck.  I tried the set
on at Lakelnad last year and liked if very much.  I don't remember the model,
but I'm sure someone at Telex could help.  Also, Kitplanes will reprint an
article
for a fee.  You may want to e-mail them and see if you can get a reprint.
My magazine is gone.

Jim Puglise

BTW - Got that hinge off with no problem using a solering iron and razor blade.
Thnks !

From: "josok" <josok-e@ukolo.fi>

> If there is still somebody around and not redoing tail planes or visiting
> Oshkosh:
>
> While i have a pair of very well rated David Clark headsets, my test pilot
> suggested that ANR would be better. I tend to agree, because these passive
> sets

> are probably tuned to reduce the noise of Lycosauruses and the like. So, if
> you

> have experienced the one and the other, what's your opinion? I know already
> which is the most expensive one. They have an offer for CFI's, which they no

> doubt charge back on the end user. Don't have to say that i hate that kind of

> "marketing" Smells of a bribe. So is there a good, less expensive alternative?

> Kind Regards,
>
> Jos Okhuijsen
>

> Visit - www.EuropaOwners.org

<DIV>Jos-</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>There was an excellent article in Kitplanes about a year ago comparing them
all.&nbsp; They rated one of the Telex sets as best bang for the buck.&nbsp;
I tried the set on at Lakelnad last year and liked if very much.&nbsp; I don't
remember the model, but I'm sure someone at Telex could help.&nbsp; Also,
Kitplanes
will reprint an article for a fee.&nbsp; You may want to e-mail them and
see if you can get a reprint.&nbsp; My magazine is gone.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Jim Puglise</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>BTW - Got that hinge off with no problem using a solering iron and razor
blade.&nbsp;
Thnks ! </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px
solid">-------------- Original message -------------- <BR>From: "josok"
&lt;josok-e@ukolo.fi&gt;
<BR><BR>&gt; --&gt; Europa-List message posted by: "josok"
<JOSOK-E@UKOLO.FI><BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; If there is still somebody around and not
redoing tail planes or visiting <BR>&gt; Oshkosh: <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; While i
have a pair of very well rated David Clark headsets, my test pilot <BR>&gt;
suggested
that ANR would be better. I tend to agree, because these passive sets
<BR>&gt; are probably tuned to reduce the noise of Lycosauruses and the like.
So, if you <BR>&gt; have experienced the one and the other, what's your opinion?
I know already <BR>&gt; which is the most expensive one. They have an offer
for CFI's, which they no <BR>&gt; doubt charge back on the end user. Don't have
to say that i hate that kind of <BR>&gt; "marketing" Smells of a bribe. So
is there a good, less expensive alternative? <BR>&gt;
  <BR>&