Re: Europa-List: anr headsets

Subject: Re: Europa-List: anr headsets
From: Richard Holder <rholder@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 19:04:27
Second attempt - one picture in each mail !

Dear Jos and all Europaphiles

Wow an opportunity to push what I do ! Sometimes.

So long as you don't have H20-10 (H10-20 is OK)

I convert headsets to ANR using a kit from Headsets Inc in
the US. I have done quite a few.

Two ways of doing it (actually also others) as per the
pictures
attached.

I don't do it quite the way they suggest but my method is
an improvement !

In my Europa I do not have jack sockets. I have 5 pin XLR
sockets and my headsets are converted with the ANR modules
and they take their power from the XLR socket. I have an
adapter if someone wants to use their own non-ANR-non-XLR
headset.

I could take pictures.

If you want to retain the jacks then I could provide two
sockets-with-9v-regulator-chip for installation in your
plane. This is shown with the new lead in the "AMP_2"
image, and you would get battery boxes to go with the
headset if you took it to another plane.

Or I could sell you the kit(s) and cables, it isn't rocket
science !

eMail me direct for further details

The ANR effect is not as good as Bose but it is 1/4 of the
price, and avoids having yet another headset or two
stuffed in a drawer. It is, however, as good as, or even
better than the DC ANR set.

Richard Holder
G-OWWW High Cross, ungrounded as of today (for 10 hours !)