RE: Europa-List: Europa Tailplane - Mod 73

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Europa Tailplane - Mod 73
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 08:59:23

Karl
IMHO You are dicing with trouble!
You will find that One of the main problems will be that the foam will
expand considerably where the heat is (the rest of the unheated foam
acts as a thermal insulator ) so you will get differential expansion on
a grand scale meaning considerable buckling.  Been there done that!
The only chance of applying any heat anywhere will be by gradual heat
sink over many hours and over the whole item and then similarly cooling
over many hours as post curing was required on the original build.

Regards
Bob Harrison  G-PTAG