Re: Europa-List: Fuel filters

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel filters
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 19:07:57
Sorry, but I dont think it was branded - I bought it from a company
called Skycraft here in the UK. I just looked in the 2003-2004 Spruce
catalog and there is an ACS Gascolator (Homebuilders Special). Ours
looks identical including the mounting bracket. And YES its the one that
says not for use with auto fuel !!!!

All I can say is that we use exclusively automotive unleaded fuel in
ours and have done so for 5 years with no problems. We cant/ dont use
leaded or 100LL because the oil we use in our Rotax 912UL is fully
synthetic.

One thing we would suggest is the fitment of a fuel pressure guage,
preferably with an electronic warning if the pressure falls below 2psi.
That will give you an early warning if your filters are clogging up.
Ours is wired into the auxilliary input of the EIS.

Its a tricky one - dont know why they say dont use with auto fuel -
dosent make sense. I guess you will have to ask them.