Re: Europa-List: Fuel filters

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel filters
From: josok <josoke@ukolo.fi>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 18:47:06

There has been written a lot, and there has been fuel starvation maybe even
more.
So it's difficult not to start repeating the same writeups and mistakes. The
tank material is very static. I saw a dog hair jumping to it over 10 cm.
Compressed
air will make it more static. Nev told me to use washing machine soap,
and i rinsed with that. I went for an Andair 325 gascolator, for several
reasons:
The filter surface is huge, the larger parts will sink in the bowl and not
clog precious filter surface, the filter has quite a different colour then swarf
---From the tank.

I've filled the tank for 95%, driven the plane on the trailer for 400 miles (up
and down to the painter,not just for filter testing:-)) with a fuel pump running
(914, no restrictor) in which 480 liters or 7xtimes the contents of the tank
have passed the filter. 4 hrs engine run and taxiing. Checked the filter. The
filter surface was 95 % free. Hardly any tank swarf, some rust particles, some
unrecognised stuff and one dog hair. Now that test flights may begin, i will
swap the filter again after every hour of flight for the first 10 hours! Better
be warned then sorry or how was that saying again?.

Regards,

Jos

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org