Re: Europa-List: Re: Votex Generators

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Votex Generators
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 22:05:18
Fred
The stall on the Europa is critically affected by the position and size
of the LE radius, Don and his aerodynamicist friend David tweaked the
leading edge, it's quite a sharp radius and there is a minute bulge
underneath. Hard to spot it but it does have a marked effect if it isn't
accurate.
On a couple of Europas I was involved with (both Classics)  I made
templates of the first 10 inches of section at about 8 stations and the
builders spent many hours sanding to these templates. The stalls on both
these aircraft are relatively benign, unlike that of G-KWIP. Both are
fast too. It is all too easy to sand off the bumps in the section which
are meant to be there.
I have tried to attach a dwg file of the section coordinates/
Graham