Europa-List: Re: Flap Seals

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Flap Seals
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 10:27:44

>  John mentioned how sealing up the aircraft would clean up the lines,
> resulting in better speeds.  I decided to add some gap seals to the
> wing, to seal the flaps, upon retraction.  What I used was a 2.25"
> wide piece of .020" styrene, a product that I use, almost daily in my
> sign/graphics business.  I attached it to the wing using 1" hem tape
> (a very strong, two sided tape, used to hem banners).

Hey Jeff...

I've also had email exchanges w/ John Lawton and have perused a site he
recommended for info on gap seals...all very interesting. Could you go
into a little more detail on the nature of your installation? Exactly
where and in what plane have you attached this styrene? Does it create
a pressure seal?. In what way does it alter the airflow?

Fred
A194

working on cockpit module (finally!)