RE: Europa-List: 914: fuel over airbox pressure

Subject: RE: Europa-List: 914: fuel over airbox pressure
From: Simon Smith <jodel@nildram.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 19:11:00

Jos,

The only measure of fuel pressure on the 914 that Rotax mentions is that the
px to the carbs should be 2-5psi over airbox px.  That sort of dictates that
you should measure the airbox px and the carb inlet px (ie between the
regulator and the carb).
I have seen somewhere in the Rotax manuals a picture of a special banjo bolt
and hose end to pick off the regulator output px (but I can't remember
where!). I also have a very vague memory that this should only be taken from
one particular side of the regulator?????

Simon