Re: Europa-List: Airmaster questions

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Airmaster questions
From: Bill and Sue <bill.sue@orcon.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 13:46:47

Richard Holder wrote:

> steve v wrote:
>
>> Hi Chaps, im looking at possibly the purchase of an Airmaster from
>> the factory in the near future so need a
>>  few questions answered , 1 has any one an approximate
>>  hourly life for the brushes & whats the replacement cost for them -
>> i assume its DIY replacement, 2 was the
>>  radio inerference ever cured ? 3 was the oil leak problem sorted or
>> is it still ongoing, and 3, anyone got a good reason why the
>> Airmaster should be ditched in favour of the Woodcomp Etc.?

I have over 500hrs on mine.
Mine is an AP308 and I changed to the new AC100 controller at approx 400hrs.
Have never had to change brushes. It is DIY change and I was given a
spare set.
I was at Airmaster last week with another builder to pick up his prop
and they confirm that radio interference is solved and I can confirm I
do not have any with mine.
Oil leak problem is solved.

Mine has operated faultlessly with excellent performance but I have not
been able to compare with Woodcomp.

MONO XS
ROTAX 914
AIRMASTER  308 (AC100 Controller)