RE: Europa-List: Skydrive on/off control

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Skydrive on/off control
From: Terry Seaver terrys <terrys@cisco.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 12:50:34

Hi Duncan,

We did not have carb ice very often, and as I recall, the carb temp was
always just a few degrees above 0 degC.  I am not an expert in this
area, but I believe you are referring to air temp when you say 20C.  The
carb temp (at certain throttle settings) associated with icing would be
close to zero due to the venturi effect.  We can see the carb temp
change considerably (5+ degC delta, as I recall) as we go from cruise
power to idle, for example.  The carb temp gauge we are using is the one
that came with our Skydrive kit, and plugs into the supplied heating
block.

Regards,
Terry Seaver