Re: Europa-List: Mod. 62 - Replacement of tailplane torque tube drive

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Mod. 62 - Replacement of tailplane torque tube drive
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 23:46:40
pins

William Daniell wrote:

> are we talking about the pins through the tailplane or the pins
> through the torque tube near where the main control tube joins the
> torque tube in the center line?

William
neither. The pins referred to are the ones connecting the tailplane
drive pplates to the torque tube. The main ones in the center can also
get loose but its drilling the nylon end float bushes that causes the
most problems. Inserting and removing the pins repeatedly also causes
looseness to develop
Graham