Re: Europa-List: Retro Fitting MG Wings

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Retro Fitting MG Wings
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 00:23:22

Ralph Hallett wrote:

> Jim,
> I was really hoping you would get a response to your question. I'm
> building the MG and don't have short wings at this time, but have
> always wondered what the retro fit problems would be to add the short
> wings. Hopefully someone will give you some feedback. Ralph
> Reno, NV

Ralph
I think the factory missed a wonderful oportunity here. I would have
designed the wing with bolt on tip extensions for gliding and semi short
wings for cruising. Lots of gliders have this option. The original wings
are not quite long enough for ideal cruise and climb performance, but
then Ivan is still obsessed with scarumbatics. (he's scared me more than
once >:o ) I prefer the more graceful aerobatics you have with long
wings not the brute force and ignorance of stubby wing aeroplanes,

Just my prejudice ;-)
Graham