Europa-List: Re: Favorite cable guide and wire holders?

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Favorite cable guide and wire holders?
From: SteveD <Post2Forum@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 03:36:11

Nylaflow or Nylo-Seal?
Nylaflow because there was a big roll left over from the Cozy build

What is favorite way to adhere to baggage bay ribs? Wire ties and Nylaflow in
this
picture...
http://www.europaowners.org/modules/gallery/albums/FuelDrains/DSCN3974.sized.jpg

http://www.europaowners.org/modules/gallery/albums/SteveD/DSCN3915.sized.jpg

 Going through fuse?
Ruff up and redux...

What is favorite way of holding wires in aft fuse?
Do supplied sticky back ty-wrap bases really hold up in use?
Is preference to use bases, but stick another way? Redux?

For one light weight wire foam back tape seems to work.
Bundle oh wires, I remove the foam tape and put the backs to the belt sander
then
Redux on. Needed a chisel to pop one off once.

Any other preferences?
For wire bundles thru the cockpit i shaped a fiberglass rounded edge conduit
over
some wood. Then it was leathery, shaped in to the fuselage. Came out like
Cr&5$%.
Ordered some of this stuff:
https://www.netcablesplus.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=3653
We'll see how that works... At least I can get back at the wires if I need to.
Lesson learned with a Cozy "simple" rewire job.....

Chat Later,
Steved.
Visit EuropaOwnersForum http://www.europaowners.org/