Re: Europa-List: 912 oil pressure help

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 912 oil pressure help
From: BEBERRY@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 04:16:03
I have always been a bit puzzled by the Rotax instruction re: oil
temperature.

The rpm are not supposed to exceed 2500 until oil temp reaches 50+.   Now
this can take quite a while, even in summer and in winter a good 10 mins or  so,

using up a great amount of fuel (not so important to you guys across the  pond

with the cheap stuff).

In addition my voltage reg - and I have tried a couple - will generally not
cut in until revs exceed about 3000 initially, so the battery is taking the
whole load and in winter can get so run down, especially if a start up follows

a  longish period of nil usage, that the excitement of the regulator does not
take  place and no charge results, even with high revs.

This is not always the case but frequent enough to pose some  questions.

Any answers out there please?

Patrick