Re: Europa-List: Air Box Falling Off

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Air Box Falling Off
From: Duncan McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 21:19:35

<<I was thinking of making the plenum
> .... so some of the air just goes into the engine area and less pressure
> is placed on the top of the box.

I had in mind doing that by means of leaving off the rubber sealing tongue
that contacts the top of the airbox, but in order to use any "surplus" air
for general cooling of the under-cowl/electrics and to allow automatic
venting of trapped hot air after shutdown. The loss in recovered pressure to
the air box is probably negligible as the cowl is already pressurised from
the forward facing nostrils (less what is lost through the exits). No
results yet or confirmation that the flow through the NACA doesn't reverse
at high AoA..

Duncan McF.