RE: Europa-List: Monowheel, gear warning or just GUMP?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Monowheel, gear warning or just GUMP?
From: nigel charles <nwcmc@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 09:01:09

I use 3 microswitches on the main gear lever (one to sense gear up, one
to sense gear down and one to confirm the down lock is engaged). I also
have microswitches on the outriggers to sense when the legs are locked
down. I have 4 warning lights (one red to show gear unlocked, one green
for main gear locked down and a pair of lights to indicate each
outrigger locked down) The lights are mounted in the rear of the gear
lever slot. They are easily seen from the left seat and the recess
ensures that the lights are not affected by strong sunlight.

Nigel Charles