Re: Europa-List: Cliff and Betty Shaw remembrance

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Cliff and Betty Shaw remembrance
From: John & Amy Eckel <eckel1@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 22:18:01
Neville this is a great idea.

I was fortunate enough to know Cliff and Betty on a personal level
through attendance at OSH.  I have been staying with the same
family in the OSH area for the last several years.  When Cliff wrote
that he was planning an OSH trip in 2004 I gave him the name
of the people I stay with.  The family is wonderful and all the guest
become part of the family and each year a special part of the trip
is seeing all our friends that share the same house.  Cliff and Betty
became part of the OSH family of friends so it was a  great shock
to loose them.

The folks that live in OSH, Cindy and Mark, invited Cliff and Betty's
sons to stay with them for the time they were in OSH making final
arrangements.  Cindy asked about the idea of a moment of silence and
they like the idea.  According to the Galaxy Hobby web site
http://www.galaxyhobby.com/
there will be a service on August 16th, but the time is not known at
this time.

If I could add a suggestion.  Perhaps at the end of the silence we could
send a "Farewell Cliff and Betty" message on the forum.

John Eckel