Europa-List: Misaligned turn and slip

Subject: Europa-List: Misaligned turn and slip
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 22:42:02
Re the turn and slip indicator, the fix is relatively simple provided
you can access the back of the instrument panel and reposition the
instrument.

The original Europa panels didnt have a removable front and are nigh on
impossible to get at without removing the entire instrument panel - a
nightmare of a job.

Its a good idea to ensure the panel mounting screw holes for the T&S are
elongated so that the instrument can be rotated within the main panel.
That way the ball can be centered without too much fuss.

We lined our instrument panel squarely (or so we thought) within the
cockpit but it was clear once we started flying that the panel didnt
line up with the wings.