Europa-List: Stalls & spins

Subject: Europa-List: Stalls & spins
From: DaveMiller@avivacanada.com
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 11:24:43
One useful thing about learning to fly in giders, was the constant yelling
---From the back seat;
Keep the speed up
Keep the string straight.

I still miss the yaw string, the cheapest and most useful instrument made.

I'm indebted to Carl for his comments on the ball. In what feels like
straight and level flight, mine sits a bit to the left.
My feeling was that the instrument was wrong, or that the view from the
left seat was distorting my perspective, or that I'd just lost the touch
for what is straight and level.

Also to Mike for comments regarding the ailerons, mine are level on the
ground, but seem to adopt a slight droop in cruise.

Some things to look at and fix on C-FBZI

Dave A061