Re: Europa-List: FW: Oshkosh Accident

Subject: Re: Europa-List: FW: Oshkosh Accident
From: BEBERRY@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 04:56:20
Mike Gregory's notes are well made.

One point needs comment - flying cross controlled.  I have been  in the habit
of deliberately doing this in strongish crosswinds ( say 12 Knots  +) in a
Cherokee but have not attempted this in a Europa.

There have always, as far as I know, been two recommended ways of flying
cross wind approaches i.e. fly the centre line with rudder - with nose into wind

, and kick straight just before touch down or.. fly straight down the centre
line with into wind aileron and opposite rudder, thus keeping the nose in line
  with the runway and 'into wind 'wing low.

Recent comments about flying cross controlled appear to show that this
latter method may not be a good idea.

Comments?

Patrick