Europa-List: Re: Anyone using Decalin lead scavenger in Rotax?

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Anyone using Decalin lead scavenger in Rotax?
From: John & Paddy Wigney <johnwigney@alltel.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:21:10

Hi Ron,

I have been using ALCOR TCP almost from day 1. My initial purchase of a
1 US gal can of the TCP is almost empty after nearly 500 hours and I
already have my replacement supply of Decalin in hand. I seem to
remember TCP was recommended by Lockwood Aviation for those of us who
use 100LL on a regular basis.

Does it do any good? I have no idea. I do know that the oil is full of
lead when I change the oil (Valvoline 10W-40 Durablend semi-synthetic).
Also my plugs always look to be in very good condition when I inspect
them - no build up of crud. Re carrying TCP in the cockpit, I have been
using a heavy wall camping fuel container which is made to be
pressurised. See http://www.msrcorp.com/stoves/bottles.asp

Thanks for the follow up recommendation regarding only 1/2 oz per 20
gallons. Did Decalin explain why Rotax needs less than the Lyc. or Cont.
engines?

Cheers, John
N262WF, mono XS, 912S
Mooresville, North Carolina

******
Subject: Europa-List: Anyone using Decalin lead scavenger in Rotax?
From: <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Anyone using Decalin lead scavenger in Rotax?
ACS sells Alcor TCP that is approved for use on Certified Aircraft. Hazmat
shipping and not reccomended to carry round in cockpit. ACS P/N 05-21300
ACS also sells Decalin TCP that is not approved for use on Certified
Aircraft. No Hazmat shipping and OK to carry round in cockpit. ACS P/N
05-01413 Ron Parigoris
********