Re: Re: RE: Europa-List: Diesel-Air engines???

Subject: Re: Re: RE: Europa-List: Diesel-Air engines???
From: Chris Beck <n9zes@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 07:39:09

Looking at kitplanes, the latest design to offer a diesel is the Lambert
Mission. As well as the usual Lycoming they are also producing a version
with a Delta Hawk diesel. As this aircraft is a 4 seater it is quite a
logical step up for those who wish to have a modern design, like the
Europa, but with a greater payload.

Nigel Charles

---> Good point Nigel.  I agree that since we have the monowheel, we want to
stay
as close as possible to the original design weights.  I really enjoy the ease
of handling on the ground our C-140 has, so I hope our monowheel has the same
relatively easy handling.

Indeed, a 4 place plane should be our next project, after the Europa, as now we
have the need to haul an extra person plus luggage to go on family trips. The
Europa won't do, unless we fly both the 140 and the Europa.  Fun, but not
practical
considering the wide difference in cruise speeds.

Looks like I'll have an excuse to build another plane when we finish the Europa.
Oh darn! :-)

Chris