Europa-List: Re: Spark plug Spanner (wrench)

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Spark plug Spanner (wrench)
From: europa flugzeug fabrik <n3eu@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 05:55:11

alan@kestrel-insurance wrote:
> Problem is I cant get hold of an 18mm plug socket to go on my torque wrench
> (3/8
drive) that will fit into the small space available in the Rotax cylinder
head.

Just shop for a cheap spark plug socket, or any deep-wall for that matter, and
which don't have a hefty wall thickness. Then, if necessary, lay the thing on
the open jaws of a bench vise...take your most aggressive flat file to work
around
the circumference...and whistle while you work.  Didn't take much filing
for me.

Fred F.

Read this topic online here: