Re: Europa-List: Sun n Fun. Meet-up days

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Sun n Fun. Meet-up days
From: Garry <garrys@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 17:24:32

As a local (Tampa Florida), and a long time attendee of Sun N' Fun, it has
been my experience that the first 4 days of the event are the most
worthwhile.  Towards the end of the show, many of the fly-in planes have
departed.......particularly the warbirds.  Also the vendors become exhausted
after 4 or 5 days and are less likely to be friendly and/or helpful.  On the
other hand, the early days are also more crowded and it's more difficult to
get access to the vendors.

A little trick from us locals.............if you go the day BEFORE Sun N'
Fun officially begins, you'll get in for free, and you'll see all of the
planes on display as well as all the vendor booths, since everyone is
completely "set up" before the event starts.  The only thing you'll miss is
the air show.

Because everyone's schedule is different I think it's best if we simply say
we'll meet every day at 11:00 at the Europa booth.

Garry Stout

914-tri, 450 hours.