Europa-List: Aileron bellcrank assembly

Subject: Europa-List: Aileron bellcrank assembly
From: Keith Hickling <keithhickling@clear.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 12:02:15

Hi  Nev, Ron and others,

Many thanks for your responses. It is reassuring to hear others have experienced
this. Yes, the glue line between the web of the double rib and spar is quite
thick. Alloy shims the width of the bracket flanges sounds good - washers would
not support the brackets so firmly I guess.

Regards,

Keith Hickling,
Dunedin,
New Zealand.

Tail, ailerons, flaps completed
Wing reinforcements and W18 plates installed
working on cockpit module
8 months into build

Nev wrote:

Hi Keith,
Interference [ or not ] of the push rod with the double rib forward web, is
dependent on the thickness of the Redux glue line between the web and the
spar,  [ as supplied].Chances are yours has a thick glue line ?
I have seen many that needed the hole relieved all the way to the web,  and
some that needed the belcrank brackets to be shimmed aft'.
Use alloy shims, as thick as required, the same size as the flange of the
bracket [ washers will not do !]
Hope this helps ?
Cheers,
Nev.