Re: Europa-List: Question for xs Trigear owners

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Question for xs Trigear owners
From: Richard Holder <rholder@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 22:05:43

Simon Smith wrote:

> How the f#@%~g hell do you get the bottom half of the
> cowl on with a 3 blade prop in place?
>
> I gave up in the end and took the prop off but this
> surely can't be necessary????????????????????

You need to take the top cowl off first ! But I assume you
have done this !

Actually it is easiest if you remove the exhaust stub. And
be sure you have a blade vertical so that the other two
are equally angled downwards.

And if this doesn't work you will have to relieve
fibreglass until it does ! Taking the prop off every time
you take off the lower cowling is NOT sensible !

HTH, tongue in cheek !

Richard Holder
G-OWWW High Cross