Re: Europa-List: Mod 61 - Stall warner questionMod 61 - Stall warner que

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Mod 61 - Stall warner questionMod 61 - Stall warner question
From: Roger Mills <Roger.Mills@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 09:48:30

I personally found the welding wire to be a little too flexible to allow me
to confidently find the position. In the end I used a much stiffer 3mm
brazing rod and eyeballed it using Neville's technique. To confirm the
"eyeballed" position I found that a DIY stud finder also found the position
of the rib quite accurately and, to be triply sure, a DIY pipe finder also
confirmed the brazing rod tip position. (I needed a bit of re-assurance
before drilling the leading edge possibly in the wrong place!!)

Roger Mills

Europa 141