Europa-List: Things Colditz

Subject: Europa-List: Things Colditz
From: Nigel Graham <nigelgraham@btclick.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 17:29:54

For those of you with an interest in "things Colditz", you may be interested
to know that the RAF officer responsible for the design and build of the
famous Colditz glider is alive and still very active - despite being well
into his nineties.

Though his flying days are well past, this absolutely charming man spends
his days painstakingly building a self designed single-seat plywood
amphibian in the hangar at Old Sarum. He has recently started covering the
flying surfaces in the same blue gingham cloth that his famous glider
sported. If ever there was an example of dogged determination - this must be
it and he is an inspiration to any kit builder that feels he is losing the
will to continue.

Those (UK based) DOTHers visiting Old Sarum might like to wander in to
admire his work and have a chat.

Nigel