Europa-List: Putting on weight

Subject: Europa-List: Putting on weight
From: Richard Iddon <riddon@sent.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 16:28:37

When my tri gear was first completed a couple of years ago, it weighed
in at what I thought was a creditable 818 lbs.  Since then, as most of
us do I guess, I have played about and added a few extra's such as fire
extinguisher, first aid kit, tool roll, Hi viz jackets etc. each of
which I considered would make no significant difference to the W&B
calcs.  Whilst my bird is at home at present, and I have just replaced
the tailplane torque tube pins and fitted new tyres, I decided to check
the weight again.  I have put on 45lbs! Now two up, with full fuel, I
can carry three whole pounds of baggage before becoming overweight. I
guess I need to go on a diet!

Richard Iddon G-RIXS