Europa-List: rescue service [was: Spares]

Subject: Europa-List: rescue service [was: Spares]
From: Rowland Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 23:15:22

>Who deals with The Europa Rescue Service ? If it is
>Rowland please make me down as willilng to help.

Richard - the Rescue Service data is collected by the Membership
Secretary (still Rowland at the time of writing). I have amended your
record to show you willing to help. The renewal reminder form that
you will receive in late March / early April will have on the reverse
the details of what you're prepared to offer (eg radius of cover
air/road, trailer, inspector, beds, workshop, spares, language, etc).
No doubt you'll wish to submit appropriate data at that time.

For those who haven't heard about it, the Rescue Service operates thus:

A Europa person in trouble away from base phones any Europa Club
Committee member. All Committee members receive at intervals from the
Membership Secretary a list of Rescue Service participants sorted by
location. The Committee member consults her/his latest list and
phones a suitable candidate (depending on resources shown and type of
problem reported), asking her/him to contact the person in distress
directly.

So, to benefit from the Rescue Service, all that members need carry
on their travels is a list of Committee members' phone numbers - and
those are published near the front of every copy of the newsletter.

Hope this helps.

regards

Rowland