Re: Europa-List: L.G. FRAME CRACK

Subject: Re: Europa-List: L.G. FRAME CRACK
From: Thomas Scherer <thomas@scherer.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 19:59:28

Wow ! You guys keep hitting my fear buttons lately ....

clogged fuel filters and broken engine mounts. Whenever I was about to fall
asleep during my ocean crossings in N81EU the visualisation of a cracked
welding in the mount and both fuel filters closed shut kept a poor soul
awake. For the fuel filters I had prepared though ... 2 more new filters and
several screens for in-cockpit replacement.

1 Filter has actually clogged up once, but the second took over.

Worst was the failure of the entire fuel lines provided with the kit. They
were simply leaking with the rubber part dissolving during a flight.
Fortunately it was over land and ALL fuel lines were replcaed within 2 hrs
and have kept up since.

W H A T   E L S E   C A N   G O   W R O N G  ? ?  Anybody needs my wife's
eMail adress ?

happy landings,

<Thomas, N81EU>