Re: Europa-List: rear nav light

Subject: Re: Europa-List: rear nav light
From: Fred Fillinger <n3eu@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 13:47:48

> I know Cliff Shaw has attached his to the rudder, but
> my inspector isn't too happy with this arrangement.
> Danny

That is conservative beyond comprehension.  We're reducing
rudder effectiveness by a minuscule amount, especially if
properly faired.  If the rudder were rendered completely
ineffective, turns are uncoordinated and we just need a rwy
aligned with the wind -- applicable to first flight only.
If down low in trail of the fuselage (mine's there), the
boundary layer is so thick that Learjet's flight test
instrumentation wouldn't know it's there.

Reg,
Fred F.