Re: Europa-List: engines

Subject: Re: Europa-List: engines
From: Thomas Scherer <thomas@scherer.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 06:57:55

Hello Myron,

I would be surprised if a Jabiru owner spends less time under the 'hood'. The
Rotax
is a self-contained workhorse with minimal connections or maintenance. Mind
you that Rotax is selling engines that are installed in night-ifr certified
aircraft (Dimona Katana, DA-20).

I would not have three oceans behind a Jabiru - not only for the fact that a
Rotax
is much more seasoned - also I still need to see a Jabiru in a Europa that
burns 2 and a quarter gallons of car gas while propelling the plane to 1oo knots
and weighing a mere 58 kg (dry).

You are right - it is called 'Experimental' Aircraft and progress comes from
trying
new things, but as far as propulsion goes in a single engine plane ...

be well,

<Thomas, N81EU>