Europa-List: Re: RE: Attaching tailwheel fork

Subject: Europa-List: Re: RE: Attaching tailwheel fork
From: danbish <n914rb@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 17:11:57
        1.64 REPLY_TO_EMPTY         Reply-To: is empty
        0.10 TO_EMPTY               To: is empty

[quote:4d8d01f5b7="SteveD"] Maybe some light emery paper to clean up the
threads.
Put it on as far as it will go, put a deep socket on the bushing end a tap
it down gently with a rubber mallet. Steved[/quote:4d8d01f5b7]

Steve,
Got the tail wheel on per your suggestions; just needed to force it a bit. Now,
the manual says to tighten the castle nut tight enough to eliminate play but
not restrict movement of the tail wheel fork. Am I right in assuming that
they're
talking about play in the tail wheel fork, and not the wheel itself. Seems
like you'd want the tail wheel to pretty much swing freely. Just don't want to
over tighten, then drill that hole in the wrong place.

Also, I replaced the washer as the EURO 036 didn't seat flush on the fork. I
assume
this is OK too.

Have you drilled the hole through the spring shaft yet? I love the way the
manual
subtlety states that we need a sharp bit for that! I have about a half dozen
at the ready as I think that's going to be a bear.

Thanks for the help. Hope your building is going well,

Dan
Tucson, AZ
Visit EuropaOwnersForum http://www.europaowners.org/