Europa-List: Build hours

Subject: Europa-List: Build hours
From: Sidsel & Svein Johnsen <sidsel.svein@oslo.online.no>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 22:21:05

Mike,

You wrote re. your build hours:

> - - - -I've been at it  alone for 967 hours over 2 1/2 years. And just got
> the top on.

Actually, I think you have done well!

I began filling and sanding "some hours ago", having completed all building
but the wing-to-fuselage fairings, and now have 2040 hours over 3 1/2 years.
XS trigear, including all of the factory mods introduced after I purchased
the kit 4 years ago, plus some (among which are cockpit air extraction vent
and BoomBeam landing light in front of lower cowling - will report after
airborn some time next year).  My experience is that the private mods (which
are permitted in Norway without CAA approval as long as stucture or flying
characteristics are not compromised - "this is why it is called
'experimental'", they replied to a question I had on one issue recently)
takes much longer time than first envisaged, but are so much more rewarding
to do, too!  Should admit, though, that I have saved myself many, many hours
by having had the panel completely outfitted and tested by an avionics shop.

Regards,
Svein
A225 - now in Norway