Re: Europa-List: Pimp my Glide

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Pimp my Glide
From: Chris Beck <n9zes@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 20:19:39

Hey, Steve,

What campus and major is your daughter going to/taking?  My wife, Susan
and myself are both Aeronautical Engineering grads, class of '92 from
the Prescott campus.

Currently, we are (very slowly) building an XS Mono, A159.  We've had a
bit of a course diversion, that being our 2-1/2 year old son, but we're
starting to get back on the proper radial and headed toward the end
target.

The good part of this delay is we've got Nathan (our son) properly
'geeked out' on airplanes already, so he is a future propeller-head.

Best regards!

Chris Beck

SteveD wrote:

>Well my daughter is back from her first year at Embry-Riddle, and my son has
>been
helping with the panel. After one to many nights watching MTVS Pimp my Ride,
we went in the garage and made the iPlane.
>A mac mini will be built into the panel as the entertainment center. 60 gig of
Itunes, and it plays DVDs if the Mrs gets bored. Data from the AF-2500 can be
read and monitored in real time. Updates to the EFIS sport can be made right
---From the plane. Weather and flight data can be saved for review during
flight.
The computer is on my home wireless network so when the planes in the garage
I can login to it.
>The interface is a 7 inch high bright touch screen, the unit is also taking
>voice
commands in the garage quite well. We'll see about in flight, through the
head set.