Europa-List: Pre-Oiling

Subject: Europa-List: Pre-Oiling
From: EuropaForum <Post2Forum@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 07:17:15
--> Europa-List message posted by: EuropaForum <Post2Forum@comcast.net>

I was wondering what the clan thinks of pre-oilers? We installed one
on the Cozy but the unit is BIG and heavy. I found this cursing the web.
http://www.accusump.com/acc_products/acc_units.html
The units are fairly small with no pumps or motors. I emailed the
company and asked about installing on a rotax 914 or 912S and they
said "yes this has been done many times,you will need to tap into a
main oil galley, you can put a sandwich adapter between the oil
filter or tap directly into the block." I will email Rotax dealer
next, but thought this might be especially good for you turbo guys.
Turbos take a beating until the oil get up to pressure...

Chat later,
Steved