RE: Europa-List: Door handle stop?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Door handle stop?
From: beecho@beecho.org
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 12:02:19
--> Europa-List message posted by: <beecho@beecho.org>

Hi Ron

I did not bond the cover in place but mounted it with countersunk screws.  I
have already found a need to open it up.  Another thing I did was bond a few
layers of carbon fiber inside the base of the door to make it stiffer.  I
hope this will prevent the door from bulging out in flight due to lateral
lift forces from air movement over the door.  Many have altered the push rod
mechanism to have a third mid door push rod to prevent the bulging.  I am
not flying yet but my doors are now stiff enough that I think they will not
bulge.

Tom Friedland XS mono/Jabiru/Airmaster N96V