RE: Europa-List: Airmaster AC200 manual switch?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Airmaster AC200 manual switch?
From: Terry Seaver terrys <terrys@cisco.com>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 10:06:16

Hi Cliff,

I must disagree, just a little.

1) The manual position is how you cycle the prop during the run-up, to
verify its operation just before launching into the wild blue yonder.
At 4000 rpm, you switch to 'manual' and then hold the fine/course switch
to 'course' until you get an rpm drop, then switch to 'auto' and verify
the rpms auto-magically come back up.

2) If the water temps start to get out of hand on the ground, it has
been found useful by some people to manually place the prop into course
pitch to get more air past the radiator.

Regards,
Terry Seaver