RE: Europa-List: xs cooling gills

Subject: RE: Europa-List: xs cooling gills
From: Bob Jacobsen <jacobsenra@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 17:06:45

Mike,

I found (and many others have) that opening up all 4 "gills" on both sides
lets out to much air.  I eventually would up closing off two on each side -
leaving two open.

You open up the inside edge.

Also it helps cooling if you cut the cowl lip on the front bottom cowling
back.  I cut mine way back and added some foam behind it to smooth out the
airflow entering the oil and water coolers.  This helped lower my ground
running temp's quite a bit.

Bob Jacobsen
A131